2015 Scholarship Program
The Sacramento Post of the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) awards scholarships annually to high school and college students who are studying engineering or related technical disciplines. From 2008 to 2013, the Sacramento Post awarded 154 scholarships totaling $227,000. The Post is pleased to announce that the college scholarships will be awarded for 2015. Scholarships will vary from $1,000 to $4,000 for students in high school, junior college, and college students that are pursuing a degree in any engineering field or related technical sciences (including architecture, mathematics, physics, geology, and earth sciences). Please note that chemistry, biology, microbiology, and related natural sciences are no longer considered to be engineering-related majors.
To be eligible for an award, applicants must submit:
- 2015 SAME Scholarship Application (click here for PDF);
- Extracurricular Activity and Community Service Log Form (click here for PDF);
- SAME Student Membership Application Form (Please note, society membership for students will be reimbursed by the Sacramento Post) (click here for PDF);
- An unofficial copy of your transcript through the current school term (college students should provide a comprehensive transcript of all colleges attended);
- A narrative (maximum 2 pages in length); and
- Two letters of reference.
Completed applications are due by March 16, 2015 and should be sent to:
Mr. Guy Graening
Society of American Military Engineers
c/o Brown and Caldwell
10540 White Rock Road, Suite 180
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone: 916-853-5385, Fax: 916-635-8805
If you have questions, please contact Guy J. Graening at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards for the 2015 Scholarship Program will be announced on this website by April, 2015.